duminică, 21 februarie 2010

Happy Hour!

Weird how a person can go from love to pain to regret to the chinn up emotion (dunno how to call it) and to joy...

It's a never ending circle ;)... Tomorrow I'll be down again... And I'll be emo till i listen to some good "chin up" music XD!

Ahh... Can't be emo on happy hour!

Enjoy Chumbawamba - Tubthumping (think i spelled it right)



Just grab a Whiskey drink, and then a Vodka drink. And then some Lager drinks, and a few Cider drinks. Start singing songs that remind you of the good times, and the songs that remind you of the better times! Now don't you feel better? Or worse depending on how drunk you are ;).

At one point you find yourself pissing the night away :P. "Oops, i fell in the rose bush. OWCH! Don't cry for me, next door neighbor".

You piss someone off and you get knocked down, but you get up again and say "your never gonna keep me down"! Think you should have sat down and not said anything. Well... At least your not emo anymore ;).

But now really this is the perfect chin up/have fun song. Can you, can anyone possibly hate on this song? Doubt it.

Grab a drink, laugh it off and do some stupid s*** if it makes you happy. But watch out not to end like this guy... "I got a feeling" that this is SO going to happen... 

EDIT 23 Feb. 2010: I just found a "story" in this song as well (Now it's shocking even me). Actually I found the story last night while I was just standing in bed, looking at the sealing after i had a short chat with "the one"... Not referring to Jesus or God if it's that what your thinking...

The female voice is telling most of the story.

Bizarrely what i read in the "story" was a romance between the female character and the person that she sings about, to be more specific "Oh Danny Boy" and "Next door neighbor". You can see the male character in the clip standing at one side of the table apparently alone (Not really. The female character is standing at the table too) wearing a pair of black gassers with thick borders. The story starts out with him trying to gain confidence threw the words "We'll be singing. When we're winning. We'll be singing". The "I get knocked down part" represents refusal, while "But I get up again" is the "I'll try again" and "chin up" thing. "Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy" is the female character trying to "cheer up" the male character.
"He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink"
Hard. Ether "Drown sorrow in booze", "Booze will help me gain MORE confidence" or "This will cheer me up... For now".
"He sings the songs that remind him
Of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him
Of the better times"
This one is easy. Did you never try to cheer up yourself by singing a "happy song"? I did... And it sort of works...
"You're never Gonna keep me down" is the "No matter what you say I'm still gonna try again" thingy (and that's what I will do :P).
"Don't cry for me
Next door neighbor..." is the female voice trying to tell the already drunk (or halfway drunk) male character not to try or cry anymore. Bla bla bla. Don't listen to her, just keep trying!

And it all seems to repeat in a bizarre fashion... Think he had a bit to much to drink...

Un comentariu: